Cape Breton Links of Interest
Explore Cape Breton - Direct Flights Sydney - Toronto; Sydney - Halifax With Air Canada & WestJet - Scroll Down for Links to Festivals, Events, Accomodations, Shuttle Service, Golf Courses, Restaurants
ADVERTISE WITH US ON OUR ELECTRONIC BULLETIN BOARD IN THE MAIN TERMINAL AREA OR ON THE HOMEPAGE OF THIS WEBSITE - CALL 902-564-7722 FOR DETAILS
We hope you enjoyed the Celtic Colours International Festival ~ Plan your visit to Cape Breton Island from October 10th - 18th, 2014 for another great Celtic experience! - Tickets go on sale in July 2014 ~ Fly direct between Sydney and Toronto with WestJet and Air Canada.
For Flight Tracking, Environment Canada, Travel Document Requirements, Canada Border Services, History of JA Douglas McCurdy & The Silver Dart - Click on "Travel & Aviation Information" on the Home Page
Lobsters: To arrange purchase of lobsters for shipping on air lines please contact:
Pittman's Lobsters 902-849-1815
Ballast Ground Fisheries Ltd. 902-794-4083
Bonnar's Meats 902-794-3963
Town Crier - Allie MacInnis - 902-270-6709 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Family Reunions, Grand Openings, Cruise Ships, Parades, Opening Ceremonies
Private Transportation Around Cape Breton Island - Contact the Sydney Airport for Information - 902-564-7720
Aircraft Maintenance - Alec Tomchak
Control Surfaces, Skins
References Available Upon Request
Things to Do, Places to Go...
- Cape Breton Island Website
Celtic Colours - October 10 - 18, 2014
Nova Scotia Music Week is coming to Cape Breton for the first time November 7th to 10th! The event has grown immensely over the last five years earning its place as one of the leading music festivals in Canada. Contributing over $2 million dollars to Nova Scotia's economic output, music week is about connecting our people and communities to the music this province is known for while improving economic and cultural sustainability in the host community.
With over 100 performances, a music business conference, an international music buyers program with delegates coming from around the world, a songwriters' circle and two award shows there will be something for everyone in Sydney.
- The World's Largest Fiddle made of solid steel and weighing ten tonnes. Its height reaches an amazing 16.5 meters and actually plays fiddle music. Located at the Sydney Marine Terminal, the World's Largest Fiddle is an excellent photo backdrop.
- The Cabot Trail named for John Cabot, loops around the Cape Breton Highlands and offers awe-inspiring scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Park located just outside of Sydney in Louisbourg. Visitors travel back in time to experience what life was like in the 1700's.
Get ready for a celebration three centuries in the making! Join us in 2013 for Louisbourg300, a grand fête marking the 300th anniversary of the founding of Ile Royale – modern day Cape Breton Island – with Louisbourg
as its capital. For events and activities, visit www.pc.gc.ca/louisbourg300
ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL MUSEUM - BADDECK - A unique exhibit complex where models, replicas, photo displays, artifacts and films describe the fascinating life and work of Alexander Graham Bell. Special events such as Harvest Home complement the program of activities offered on this site, which is situated on 10 hectares of land overlooking Baddeck Bay on the Bras d'Or Lakes.
Sign up for the "White Glove Tour" when you're visiting the museum. Choose from the "Aviation Tour", "Workshop Tour" or the "Parlour Tour".
"Aviation Day "at the Alexander Graham Bell Museum ~ The Third Sunday in August Every Year
The Old Sydney Society - Ghosts & Legens Walk of Historic Sydney - Come walk with the spirits of North End Sydney every Tuesday & Wednesday in July & August at 7pm; Reservations Required 902-539-1572; Daytime Tours St. Patrick's Church, Cosset House, St. George's Church etc. Email:email@example.com; Visit www.oldsydney.com
- Vince Ryan Hockey Tournament - March 2014 - Visit www.vinceryan.ca
- Cabot Trail Relay Race - May 2014 - VIsit www.cabottrailrelay.com
Race the Cape 2013 - July 17-22, 2013 - Cape Breton Island - Registration is Open - Visit www.racethecape.com
Two Rivers Wildlife Park, located in Marion Bridge and is open 364 days a year. They have over 50 species of animals both native to Cape Breton and non-native to Cape Breton.
- Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles at Centre 200
- Cape Breton University
- THE SAVOY THEATRE - GLACE BAY - www.savoytheatre.com - To enter the Savoy Theatre is to step back In time. It was built by MacSween Contractors for its owner, John Connor, in the nineteen-twenties, to the specifications of the famed Victorian show houses. In keeping with the times, live performances of every description including boxing matches, were staged here in the early days. In its first fifty years, the Savoy provided the setting for a host of local performers and theatrical productions, and for thousands of visiting stars.
- Parks Canada
- Destination Cape Breton
- Explore Nova Scotia - Hiking Trails & Lots More to See & Do
- Cape Breton Hikes
- Cape Breton Island ~ The Celtic Heart of North America~ www.celticheart.ca
- Cape Breton Musical Choices ~ Island Wide Ceilidhs & Square Dances ~ www.cbchoices.ca
- The Cabot Trail ~ Music, Festivals & Events in Margaree & Area ~ Come for the drive...savour the journey
What's Goin' On In Cape Breton
Cape Breton Count Exhibition, North Sydney - August 12 -17, 2013 - Agricultural Exhibitions & Community Fairs
Cape Breton Regional Municipality - List of Special Events
- Victoria County - Festival & Events Schedule - www.victoriacounty.com
- Baddeck Gathering Ceilidh ~ Every Evening Starting July 1st at 7:30pm for the summer months ~ St. Michael's Parish Hall, 6 Margaree Road, Baddeck, NS, Exit 9, Highway 105 www.baddeckgathering.com
Highland Village Museum ~ An Clachan Gàidhealach ~ Iona ~ Ceilidhs Every Tuesday & Thursday to October 17th, 2013; Milling Frolics Every Wednesday to October 16, 2013 (902) 725-2272, 1-866-442-3542
- Gampo Abbey, The Shambhala Buddhist Monastery in Cape Breton, Pleasant Bay, Cape Breton ~ Guided Tours ~ At Pleasant Bay, turn onto Red River Road and continue through the Red River hamlet. Cross bridge and take dirt raod for 3km. Parking is provided off-grounds for visitors ~ www.gampoabbey.org
- Cheticamp Region - Region de Cheticamp - www.cheticamp.ca
- Richmond County Events
- Inverness County Events
- New Waterford Coal Dust Days - July 13 - 21, 2013
- Frolig A'Bhraigh - Glendale Come Home Days, Glendale, Highway 105 Trans Canada Dates: July 2014
- Big Pond Summer Festival - July 2014
- Whycocomagh Summer Festival, Whycocomagh, Bras d’Or Lakes Scenic Drive (Highway 105 TC), Dates: July 15 - 21, 2013
- Festival De L'Escaouette, Cheticamp, Cabot Trail, Dates: July 15 – August 15, 2013 Le Festival de l'Escaouette is the only Acadian summer festival in Inverness County. It is a celebration of Acadian culture and traditions in the Acadian region of Chéticamp. An opportunity to discover our cultural heritage, to renew old acquaintances and to develop closer bonds of friendship.For more information 902-224-2642 / 902-224-1876 or www.cheticamp.ca
- Dominion Seaside Daze, July 19 - 28, 2013
- Mabou Ceilidh Festival, Mabou, Ceilidh Trail (Hwy Route 19), Dates: July 17 - 21, 2013
- North Sydney Bartown Days, North Sydney - July 21 -28, 2013 - facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Sydney-Bartown-Festival/107082969313160
- Inverness Gathering, Inverness, Ceilidh Trail (Highway Route 19), Dates: July 22 - 28, 2013 ~ This lovely community by-the-sea celebrates their annual week long festival with fun for all ages. Dances, street parade, children’s activities, golf tournament, special art exhibit, princess pageant, casino night, fishermen’s picnic at the harbour, pancake breakfast, special horse races and much more. Something for the whole family! Take a stroll on the local boardwalk, beach comb for mermaid tears along the sandy beaches and experience some of Inverness County's awesome sunset's. Broad Cove's outdoor, scottish concert rounds out the week on Sunday July 29.
- Belle Cote Days, Belle Cote, Cabot Trail, Dates: July 24 - 28, 2013 ~ Where the Margaree River meets the Gulf of St. Lawrence, this coastal community celebrates their annual community festival the last week of July. Activities include a golf and horseshoe tournament, senior's card plays, triathlon, ecumenical service and outdoor concert, seniors card play, crab & corn boil, and wraps up on Sunday with a Chicken BBQ.
- Cabot Trail Acoustic Festival, July 26 - 28, 2013 www.cabottrailacousticfestival.com 1-902-929-2584
- Dragon Boat Festival ~ July 25 - 27, 2013 ~ Sydney Harbour
- Annual Broad Cove Scottish Concert, July 28th, 2013 Featuring Headliners Ashley MacIsaac and Gordie Sampson ~ The Broad Cove Scottish Concert is deemed as the largest outdoor Scottish concert in Cape Breton. The concert holds great significance to the music culture of our Scottish heritage. Entertainment includes traditional piping, fiddling, dancing and singing. It is held on the last Sunday of July beginning at 3:00pm with ample parking, a canteen, washrooms, security and a beer tent for those 19 and over. The concert is held 3 km norht of Inverness on Route 19 on the grounds of St. Margaret;s Parish. Tickets are $20 and children under 12 are free and can be purchased online at www.broadcoveconcert.ca or at the gate.
- Chestico Days Summer Festival, Port Hood, Ceilidh Trail (Highway Route 19) Dates: July 29- August 4, 2013 ~ Week-long summer festival with events such as golf tournament , horse races, road race, dances, concerts, ceilidhs, BBQ, beer gardens, boat and street parades, boat rides, lobster supper, games, fireworks, dancing festival, traditional Celtic music, children's clown show, sand sculpture competition, beach volleyball tournament, food and craft show, strong man competition, and teen dance. The festival wraps up with fireworks on Sunday at dusk. Annual Dance Festival - Sunday, August 5 ~ Visit www.porthood.ca
- Johnny Miles Festival ~ July 29th - August 4th, 2013 ~ Sydney Mines
- Cape Breton Jazz Festival ~ August 1 - 30, 2013 ~ Performances most Wednesday, Thursday & Friday nights ~ Viist www.capebretonjazzfestival.com for schedule of performances. Advance tickets on sale at Pharmasave in New Waterford & Charlotte St, Sydney and at the Casino Nova Scotia
- Cape Breton Bikefest - Thunder in the Highlands, Aug 2 - 5, 2013 ~ Four days of Island wide Food, Cultural, and Historical Celebrations and Events for all Motorcyclists. Enjoy the beautiful Cape Breton Scenery on one of our escorted rides, or enjoy three nights of free concerts, vendor village, motorcycle drag racing, show and shine, stunt shows, motorcycle demonstrations, Louisbourg Crab Fest, the Storm the Fortress of Louisbourg, and so much more. Experience Cape Breton hospitality at its finest. http://www.capebretonbikefest.com/
- Louisbourg Crab Fest - Aug 2 - 3, 2013
- Highland Village Museum ~ Iona~ La Mor a Chlachain - Highland Village Day Concert - www.highlandvillage.ca
Lousibourg 300 - Fort Toulouse Celebration in St. Peter's ~ August 3rd, 2013 ~ Beggars’ Banquet & Live Entertainment: The festivities ramp up with live entertainment starting at 10:30am! Join fiddlers, guitar players, and musicians of all kinds as they kick off with some great tunes and steps to entertain Banquet and Market goers. Boats have landed laden with lobster and crab! Presented by Point of View Suites in Louisbourg, the Banquet is comedy show dinner theatre like no other! While you dine, “Sabine the wench” and her 18th century style musicians will regale you with stories, lyrics and tunes about love and life in the 1700s. Costumes provided so you can join the fun! Guests should arrive 60 minutes in advance to dress. Choose from lobster, crab or chicken dinner. Tickets must be purchased in advance. For reservations, call 902-631-0690 or email. Very limited seating – book early so you don’t miss out!
Location: St. Peter’s Canal / Battery Park
Cost: $60 per person (includes served entree, dessert, and entertainment)
Time: Entertainment begins at 10:30am / 11am Dress for Dinner / Banquet Begins at 12noon
BOOK YOUR BEGGARS’ BANQUET EXPERIENCE ON THE CANAL NOW!
- Margaree Summer Festival, Margaree Forks, Cabot Trail, Date: August 3, 2013 ~ Don't miss this unique and entertaining event "Anything That Floats" race at Doyles Bridge, judging of floats, canoe race, BBQ and live music.
- Sydney Actionweek - Aug 3 - 11, 2013
- Baddeck - Bras d'Or Yacht Club Annual Regatta Week - Aug 4 -10, 2013 - Sail Past, Races & Evening Entertainment - Click here to visit www.visitbaddeck.com
- Parade of Sail, Baddeck, August 4, 2013:
- Marble Mountain Annual Family Festival and Poker Run, Marble Mountain, Bras d'or Lakes Scenic Drive (off Hwy 105 Trans Canada) ~ Dates: August 9 - 11, 2013 ~ Marble Mountain is a small picturesque village that perches high above Clark Cove on the Bras d'Or Lakes between Port Hawkesbury and the 105 Trans Canada Hwy. Games Night at the Marble Mountain Community Hall on Friday. On Saturday enjoy a day at the beautiful marble chip beach and treat the family to a Potluck Supper at the Community Hall. Take in games night, and on Sunday the Poker Run begins at noon at the Marble Mountain Wharf with family day all day long. A great time for the whole family. Events sponsored by the Marble Mountain Wharf Preservation Society.
- Judique On the Floor Days, Judique, Ceilidh Trail (Hwy Route 19) ~ Dates: August 12 - 18, 2013 ~ Judique Recreation Grounds, River Denys Rd. Activities include the amazing race, street parade, children’s games, barbeque dinner, pub and softball tournament. Outdoor dances at the tennis court (19 and over – IDs required) both Friday and Saturday night. In case of inclement weather, dances will be held at the Judique Community Centre. The weekend wraps up with the Kintyre Farm Outdoor Scottish Concert on Sunday, August 19th at Kintyre Farm on River Denys Road. Concert time is 2pm. Ample parking, canteen, washrooms available. Tickets at the gate.
- Heart to Hearth - Three Day Celebration to Unviel the Open Hearth Park, Sydney ~ August 30th - Seot 1, 2013 ~ Great Concert Lineup
- 2013 Nova Scotia Mi'kmaw Summer Games, We'koqma'q First Nation, Whycocomagh (Hwy 105 Trans Canada) ~ Date: August 20th-25th, 2013 ~ We'koqma'q First Nation is excited to be hosting the 2013 games. These games will bring Mi'kmaw communities within the Atlantic Canada Region together to compete at a high level of sports as well as showcase and share Mi'kmaw culture and traditions. The games are a premier multi-faceted sporting event which includes a number of sporting categories including team, individual, traditional, and leisure. Approximately 2500 athletes expected.
- West Bay Road Fall Fair, West Bay Road, off the Trans Canada Highway 105 ~ Dates: September 20-22, 2013 ~ Variety concert, parade, games of chance, bingo, bounce a round, clown, cotton candy followed by a pork chop BBQ at the West Bay Road Fire Hall. Sponsored by the West Bay Road Volunteer Fire Department.
- Cape Breton Fiddlers Run - October 20, 2013 - The Cape Breton Fiddlers Run, presented by the Sydney Credit Union will take place on Sunday, October 20, 2013. With a 5km, 10km, half marathon, team-relay, Boston qualifying marathon and numerous events for youth and families there is something for everyone.
Salmon Fishing on the Margaree River
Baddeck, Cape Breton
The Ameoba Sailing Tours - Througout the summer - Sign up for a tour at the wharf in Baddeck
- Fortress of Loiusbourg
- Right Some Good Foodie Adventure - 2011 Highlights - You Tube
- Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design - Charlotte Street, Sydney
Glenora Inn & Distillery, Mabou - Listed in Where to Eat in Canada http://www.glenoradistillery.com/
Golf Courses and Resorts
- Cape Breton Resorts
- Golf Cape Breton
- Lingan Golf
- Dundee Resort and Golf Club
- Cabot Links
- The Lakes Golf Club
- Bell Bay Golf Club
- Cambridge Suites, Sydney
- Holiday Inn, Sydney
- Quality Inn, Sydney
- The Days Inn, Sydney
- The Martin Arms, Sydney
- The Lakes Resort - Lake O'Law - Margaree
- Cape Breton Bed & Breakfasts
- Cape Breton Campgrounds
- Nova Scotia.com
- Check In Nova Scotia
- The Hampton Inn
- The Markland Coastal Beach & Cottages
- The Keltic Lodge - Ingonish - www.kelticlodge.ca 1-800-565-0444 - Discover the Highlands
- Silver Dart Lodge - Baddeck 257 Shore Road, Baddeck - www.silverdart.com - 1-800-565-8439
- Chanterelle Country Inn & Cottages - 48678 Cabot Trail, Baddeck, NS, B0E 1B0 - www.chanterelleinn.com - 902-929-2263; Toll Free: 866-277-0577
- Cabot Trail Motel - 8450 Trans-Canada Highway 105, Baddeck, NS www.cabottrailmotel.com - 902-295-2580 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynwood Inn & Restaurant - Year-Round 4 Star Accomodations - 441 Shore Road, Baddeck, NS 902-295-1995 or 1-877-666-1995 email@example.com or click for www.lynwood.com
Taxi Service - City Wide Taxi 902-564-5431 or 902-564-5432
Bannockburn Discovery Tours ~ Reservations: 902-295-3310 or Toll Free: 1-888-577-4747 ~ www.capebretontours.com ~ Tour the island in comfort and style with experienced drivers. Bannockburn Discovery Tours will show you the sights that have made Cape Breton famous, tell you the stories that go with them, then take you down the backroads tot he hidden gems and secret hideaways that make our home unique. Every corner is as spectacular and memorable as the last!
Fiddlin Whale Tours ~ www.fiddlinwhaletours.com ~ Pleasant Bay, Cabot Trail, Cape Breton ~ Hourly departures from June to October ~ 1-866-688-2424
Shuttle Serice - Sydney/Glace Bay/North Sydney/ Cape Breton to Halifax
MacLeod's Shuttle Service (902)-539-2700
Scotia Shuttle 1-800-898-5883
Starline Shuttle (902)-849-4490
Bennan's Shuttle Service (902)-737-1265 or 1-877-847-7267
Island Shuttle (902)-842-0441
Cape Shuttle Service (902)-539-8585
East Coast Shuttle (902)-794-1512
Ez Go Shuttle Services (902)-794-7261 or 1-800-499-3940
Atlantic B&N Shuttle (902)-562-9893 or 1-800-330-4223
Cabana Charters & Tours Limited 902-444-3350 or 1-888-902-8111 www.cabanatravel.ns.ca
Carabin's & Transoverland Ltd. Motor Coach Service 902-849-4253 Toll Free: 1-866-562-2877
Restaurants and Club/Bars
- Allegro Grill and Deli, Charlotte Street, Sydney
- Amedeos, Townsend St, Sydney
- Boston Pizza, Prince Street, Sydney
- Capri Cabaret, Charlotte Street, Sydney
- Charlene's Bayside Cafe, 9657 Highway 105, Whycocomagh, Nova Scotia, Canada 902-756-8004
- Chef Todd's Catering & Deli @ Sydney Airport
Coastal Restaurant & Pub, Cabot Trail, Ingonish, Cape Breton
fax: 902-285-1037 GPS – N46 41.403 W60 23.571
- Daniel's, Charlotte Street, Sydney
- Dock Y'ur Dory, Port Morien ~ Slow down; let the salt wind dance in your hair as you enjoy our ocean front accommodations and dining.
- Eastside Mario's, MAyflower Mall, Sydney
- Flavor Downtown, 16 Pitt Street, Sydney
- Flavor 19, Lingan Golf & Country Club, Grand Lake Road
- Governors Pub and Eatery, 233 Esplanade, Sydney
- The Herring Choker Dei, Cafe, Bakery, Nyanza, 7 miles west of Baddeck on Trans-Canada Highway 105 902-295-2275
- Hong Fa, Sydney
- Kiju's. Membertou
- Swiss Chalet, Grand Lake Road, Sydney
- The Black Spoon Bistro - North Sydney
- The Bonnie Prince
- The Camel Lounge Grill & Cafe, 263 Townsend Street, Sydney, 902-567-5232
- The Old Triangle Irish Ale House, 424 Charlotte Street, Sydney
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- Port Hawkesbury Airport
- Yarmouth International Airport
- Saint John Airport
- Greater Moncton International Airport
- Bathurst Airport
- Fredericton Airport
- Charlottetown Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Gander International Airport
- Stephenville International Airport
- Wabush Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Ottawa International Airport
- Aeroports de Montreal
- Winnipeg International Airport
- Calgary International Airport
- Edmonton Airports
- Vancouver International Airport