Province of Nova Scotia Coronavirus Updates Link:
Airline Service Updates:
Air Canada to resume daily service to Toronto effective June 1, 2021:
- Air Canada Announcement April 13, 2021: Air Canada confirmed that daily Toronto-Sydney-Toronto service will be resuming June 1st. Air Canada service to Halifax is tentatively planned to restart June 22nd and service to Montreal is tentatively scheduled to restart on June 27th. Please contact Air Canada directly for flight booking information. Learn more
WestJet to resume daily service to Halifax effective June 28, 2021:
PAL Airlines to begin new 3 times weekly service from Sydney to Halifax effective May 31, 2021:
- PAL Airlines announcement April 7, 2021: PAL Airlines announced today that they will be starting their new, 3 times weekly service between Sydney and Halifax on May 31st. Flights will depart Sydney at 0830 a.m. on Mon-Wed-Fri / return flights will operate from Halifax to Sydney on Sun-Tue-Thu evenings arriving Sydney at 8:30 p.m. Click here to book with PAL Airlines
Coming to JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport? Here’s What You Need To Know
Everyone has a role to play to protect themselves and those around them by practicing good personal hygiene, social distancing and adjusting social norms to reduce contact with others.
If you’re flying in/out of JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport, you are required to wear a face mask in the terminal at all times. Please abide by social distancing recommendations to maintain a 2 meter (6 feet) distance between yourself and others in all areas of the terminal building.
If you are a departing passenger:
- You must wear a mask or face covering at all times inside the terminal.
- ONLY TICKETED PASSENGERS TRAVELLING ON A FLIGHT THAT DAY ARE PERMITTED INSIDE THE TERMINAL, friends and family are not permitted inside the terminal.
If you’re picking up a passenger who is arriving at the airport:
- You must wait in your vehicle, do not come inside the terminal building.
- We’re offering free 1-hour parking in the short-term (parking meters) section of our car parking areas, this is to make pick-ups efficient and safe for all.
- If you’re picking up a passenger, again, please stay in your vehicle and make arrangements for the arriving passenger to meet you outside the terminal. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended.
- If you must assist a passenger upon arrival, please speak with the Commissionaire and advise the details and we will allow one person into the terminal building to help - any person entering the terminal even to assist an arriving passenger MUST wear a face mask at all times in the terminal.
What We’re Doing About COVID-19 at JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport?
The Sydney Airport Authority has updated and implemented our Airport Emergency Plan to reflect what we know about COVID-19 and how we can help manage the impact of this virus in our facility and community if needed. Other steps we’re taking include the following:
- We’re asking all passengers and employees to practice social distancing and to maintain a distance 2 meters (6 feet) from others and avoid non-essential gatherings.
- Terminal access is restricted to ticketed airline passengers only who are travelling that day - if you are dropping off departing passengers, or picking up arriving passengers stay in your vehicle, DO NOT ENTER the terminal.
- We’re posting and sharing public health information with a focus on social distancing, wearing face masks, frequent hand washing, and other steps employees and passengers can take to reduce the spread of germs.
- Our cleaners have enhanced surface cleaning and disinfecting in high traffic areas. Electrostatic disinfecting is carried out after every flight.
- Floor distancing stickers are placed to allow proper distancing in queues and glass shields are in place at counters.
- We have tripled the number of hand sanitizer stations in the terminal.
- We continue to stay in close contact with public health officials federally and provincially to ensure we have the latest Covid-19 updates.
- Sydney Airport Authority employees who can safely and effectively work at home are doing so, to limit employee-to-employee contact. Additional precautions are being taken for employees involved in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the airport terminal building and airfield, including social distancing.
- As an employer, we’re supporting the provincial government requirement regarding travel outside of Nova Scotia. Sydney Airport Authority employee's who travel outside of Nova Scotia will be required to self-isolate for 14-days upon return.
April 20 Update - Transport Canada Interim Order - Face Covering Requirements for Air Travellers:
Beginning Monday, April 20, all air travellers will be required to bring a removable non-medical mask or face covering with them, as mandated by Transport Canada to further support the health and safety of everyone at the airport and onboard aircraft.